Monday, September 21, 2009

Exciting news!

Last night was a great night at the Carty house! Jack slept in his new "big boy" bed all by himself. Mom and Ron took him to the train show yesterday afternoon, so while he was gone, Mike and I set his bed up. I was so scared that he wouldn't like it! He immediately demanded that we put the "covers" on the bed and wanted to take a nap.
At his normal bedtime, we put him in his bed with the TV on. I layed with him for about 30 minutes and got up while he was still awake. When I went to check on him a little later, he was sound asleep. I couldn't believe it!
He did call for us twice, once at 1:00 and again at 5:00. Both times, he stayed in his bed and never asked to get back in ours. What a great night!
On a different note, my doctor's appointment went very well today. I talked to Dr. Gilchrist about my inability to sleep and all the other stuff that comes along with the "job". Most importantly, we have our ultrasound scheduled for Oct 5 at 8:00 am! So now the question comes, "Do you want a boy or a girl?" I can honestly say that it doesn't matter to me. I think that Mike and I have had it very easy when it comes to parenthood. Jack is a great little kid and I can only pray that the new baby will be half as wonderful as he is!
So, let's hope that tonight is just as great as last night!

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of him!! I'm not surprised that he stayed in his bed by himself, but I am shocked that he stayed their ALL NIGHT! Your just going to have to keep having a baby every three years or so, because I can't take him growing up so fast!

    CANT WAIT for October 5th!! ITS GONNA BE A BOY! :):)

    ReplyDelete