Friday, September 25, 2009

9/25

What a bittersweet day! Today is the anniversary of my Grandmother's death. On this day every year, I try to reminisce on all of the wonderful times that I had with her instead of thinking about what this day actually means.
Granny was a very small, petite woman who had such a fiery personality. You didn't want to mess with her, that's for sure and you always wanted her on your side! She loved to look good. From her head to her toes, she was always dressed well. I think she had enough jewlry to wear something new everyday for 6 months! Granny loved her church and all of her church friends, but most importantly, she loved her family. Her best friend was her sister, and believe me, they shared EVERYTHING! Granny's relationship with my Papa made me laugh quite a bit. He never seemed to know when to keep his opinion to himself, so she kept him in check all the time. She was a heck of a money manager. Pops made the money and she decided when and where to spend it. Granny loved a good social gathering. I remember many occasions, when I was a child, where she entertained her friends. The night would always start with a good dinner, and would end with everyone playing cards or a board game. Her friends always seemed like family to me. The memories that stick out the most in my mind is when she would hold me down and tickle me until I couldn't breathe! I had a great time with her!
I don't think I've ever met anyone else like my grandmother. So today, I remember her and hope that she is proud of the person that I have become. I know that Jack would love her too.

3 comments:

  1. Ok this made me cry! She would definitely be proud of you, and would love Jack SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its me, Abby by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me think of my granny. They were alike in some ways. She would be so proud of you and she would have loved Jack, and Mike!!!

    ReplyDelete